Your First Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, most patients want to learn what their insurance will cover before treatment. This necessarily means another appointment at a later date.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip-if given to you by your dentist.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary information. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- X-rays. If your dentist has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our office.
- We now have the latest 3D x-ray machine. It uses the least amount of radiation of all the 3D machines on the market.
- Certain patients who have had artificial joints placed, or artificial heart valves placed, need to take antibiotics in conjunction with their dental treatment, and this includes the examination at our office. Please do take your antibiotic premedication if you normally do so for dental treatment.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit